Christmas is a magical time for young kids, and what better way to celebrate the season than by snuggling up with a good book? These books help with everything from counting and colors to dealing with emotions.
Here are some of the best Christmas books for kids:
- The Crayon Box That Talked by Shane DeRolf
This story is about a box of crayons that argue with each other until they realize the importance of working together. It’s a great way to teach kids about cooperation and diversity.
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
This is a holiday classic about a boy who takes a magical train ride to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. It’s a wonderful story that teaches kids about belief and the spirit of Christmas.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss
This is a hilarious story about a grumpy Grinch who tries to ruin Christmas for the Whos in Whoville. In the end, he learns the true meaning of Christmas and has a change of heart. It’s a great book for teaching kids about the power of love and kindness.
- The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore
This is a classic Christmas poem that tells the story of Santa Claus coming to visit on Christmas Eve. It’s a great way to get kids excited about Christmas and all the fun that comes with it.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Robert L. May
This is the story of Rudolph, a reindeer with a shiny nose that makes him different from all the other reindeers. He is bullied and made fun of but ends up saving Christmas. It’s a great book for teaching kids about acceptance and being yourself.
- Frosty the Snowman by Steve Nelson and Jack Rollins
This is the story of Frosty, a snowman who comes to life and has lots of adventures. In the end, he melts, but everyone knows he will be back again next year. It’s a fun book that teaches kids about the changing seasons.
- The Elf on the Shelf by Carol V. Aebersold and Chanda A. Bell
This is the story of a special elf who comes to visit homes during the Christmas season. He reports back to Santa each night on whether the kids in the house are being naughty or nice. It’s a fun way to teach kids about the importance of behaving during the holidays.
When looking for these books, you need to consider the following for your kid:
- The age of the kid: you don’t want a book with too many words for your three-year-old or one with short sentences and big pictures for your first-grader
- The theme of the book: is it focused on Santa, elves, reindeer, or something else entirely?
- The illustrator: you want someone who can capture the kid’s attention and keep them engaged
- The length of the book: you don’t want a book that’s too long or too short
- The price: you don’t want to spend a lot of money on something your kid will only read once.
These are some of the best Christmas books for kids. With so many great choices, it’s hard to go wrong. Just be sure to consider your kid’s age and interests when choosing a book.